Here is a contract that sums up what we spoke about yesterday.
Of course, it is a working document, that requires your input.
So you can comment on this, right?
How can we make this so that we can dialogue here? I don't blog.
Anyway: I'm summing up the overall agreement that we're both going to help each other get more done.
You're helping Arne and I care for little Finnie, and in turn you'll live here on the corner of Bernard and Esplanade, in the Gazette's apartment of the week:
Apartment teems with art, music and new life
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Apartment+teems+with+music+life/4270334/story.html#ixzz1DsuHtHPs
Most concretely:
We'll formalize the exchange of services in the following format:
Rent, utilities included, is $500. You have a furnished bedroom and access to the rest of the apartment, of course. There is storage in the back, if you need to store a bike. Or better yet, use mine, I'm in the market for a new one, since it is a bit too big for me if I'm riding with Finn behind me.
We spoke about translating this into the number of hours we could pay you $12.00/hr rate for being a nanny, which is about 42, or about 10 hours per week, that you and Arne would schedule to spread out on the days I'm away so that he can do some work. Above that, we'll pay you weekly (or biweekly?) in cash. And at the end of each month, you can provide us with a receipt that includes both the 'trade' amount and anything above that. I'll need to make sure with my accountant what kind of paper trail I need to be able to claim this as childcare expenses. Likewise for you, you might want to inquire as to how much taxes you'll need to put aside, if any.
Finally, Finnie, I'd like to keep this a working contract, adding to it, refining it.
Such as, in a month's time, I'd like to revisit this agreement to consider whether it might transition into more, when Arne starts to work more in the spring. I also have to find out the dates for when I finish at the beginning of the summer.
As a part of this, I'd like to make sure we keep records: for you, I'll note what you'll need to know in caring for Finn, and for me, I want to keep up on whatever little moments I miss that are worth passing along. I figure a blog might be an easy place to do this, what do you think? Arne?
I like the idea of Finn being able to look at this one day. Who knows.
At the very least, grandparents :)
No comments:
Post a Comment