Glad that it's morning and glad that the thoughts in my head falling asleep were still in my mind waking up: to write a blog for Finnie.
He's 8 months old, and, for the moment, sleeping.
I took the picture on the left this morning, at Nouveau Palais.
Finnie seems to gather the people who he needs. Arne and I are at the top of the list, and somewhere quite up there is our new star: Vanessa Finnie, who has blown in on the wind like Mary Poppins.
It started in a shop where I was searching for a top to wear with the dress I had sewn especially for an upcoming interview. The interview, and then the job, plopped into my tweed lap as a pretty perfect combo of the too many jobs I had before my maternity leave, and the salary that we need immediately. The huge missing piece is what to do about Finn. Daycare is cheap in Quebec, but the spots are too few. And anyway, if I'm going to be able to work well, I want to know my baby is at home for his nap or out for a walk in the neighbourhood, or doing any of the great plans I had for winter in Montreal.
Arne's work is seasonal, so he's home with Finn while I start, but he's not angling to be Mr. Mom, nor is my salary that generous. And although he's in talks with his company for getting a salary, as of right now, he does intermittent contract work that is always scheduled just before it begins.
So we need a magical fairy to come and love and play with Finnie for my four days of work, whenever Arne is working.
Finn loves his Aunties:
| Erica |
| Rachel |
I was happy to see Finn greet you as he would them when you first met. I have a good feeling about this.


No comments:
Post a Comment